Monday, March 12, 2012

Cheesy Squash Casserole

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
6 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
1 large Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar
1/2 cup sour cream
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 sleeve crackers, crushed medium to fine (recommended: Ritz)


Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.

Heat the oil in a skillet. Saute the squash, onion, and butter until soft. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the Parmesan, Cheddar, and sour cream. Add salt and pepper, to taste.

Place in the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle the cracker crumbs evenly over the top. Bake for 20 minutes or until the top is golden and bubbly.

Paula Deen
Steve and Linda's stamp of approval.

Linked at these blog hops this week.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays ,yum yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge squash fan. Thanks so much for linking up this grea recipe to Things That Make You Say Mmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing. I love squash dishes.

    I found you via Blog Hop Til You drop. My sister, Reba, and I share a blog and we are your newest followers. I hope you will follow back at:

    http://re-inventedstyle.blogspot.com/

    Eldarose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to Home Cooking. So glad you are following. I'm on my way to your site now. Have a great week.

      Delete
  4. Yum. Thanks for sharing with Simply Delish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy.. Great recipe ;))hello there.. I'm Marilyn stopping in via blog-hop-till-you-drop.. A bit late, but here and loving it.. Hope you can stop in and visit me sometime via my blog http://www.theartsygirlconnection.com.. Officially your happy newest follower and excited to look around and indulge a bit.. Happy week.. xoxo..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Marilyn! Glad you are here. Thank you for following. I'm on my way over to your place. Have a great week. Hugs and please do come back.

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for stopping by Foodie Friday!! Hope you'll come back next week. This looks heavenly. I don't like squash, but i LOVE squash casserole! :) Not Your Ordinary Recipes
    Not Your Ordinary Agent

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like squash and casseroles...yummy!

    Happy Friday! I think this is my first visit to your blog. Please stop by and say hello and follow (if you don't already) my blog at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

    Hope you have a great weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica...thanks for coming by. I did visit your site...Happy Anniversary! :)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails